UrbanPiper is the leading SaaS platform in the restaurant industry. We’re helping the smallest of restaurants to the largest chains across the world to grow their in-store and online commerce. Right from automating all their workflows across online delivery platforms such as Swiggy, Zomato, Deliveroo, UberEats—to building and deploying self-branded websites and apps, right to managing their walk-in customers and dine-in experiences, UrbanPiper is the preferred choice for over 20k+ restaurants.
We are backed by top VCs — Tiger Global and Sequoia Capital. Recently, we closed our Series B round of funding with Swiggy and Zomato also participating together! That’s a first and only (until now) event for any startup in the food and beverage industry.
The Platform Team is responsible for the core order processing and workflow automation products that UrbanPiper builds. The team owns a suite of services, a customer facing application and data pipelines that enable our customers to take orders from multiple online and offline channels, process them seamlessly, and track them till completion.
Different internal and external applications and systems depend on services managed by the team to deliver their functionality to end-users.
As a Lead Software Engineer on the team, you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of functional components in our core order processing and workflow automation products. You will be working with a team of backend and frontend engineers to build new features and improve existing ones.
- Take technical responsibility for a part of the product/module all throughout the SDLC ranging from design to implementation and operation.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Python code while maintaining strict scalability requirements.
- Write unit tests and integration tests and ensure high quality code delivery.
- Write high quality documentation explaining the architecture and implementation of the components you work on.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs with the help of our error management/APM solution, and devise fixes to these problems.
- Assist the SRE/Devops team in setting up the production environment for new modules/systems as required.
- Participate in on-call shift rotations to assist the on-call SRE in identifying and resolving product issues.
- Review code written by other team members.
- Mentor and guide Associate and Software Engineer level team members.
We are looking for someone who has/is:
- 4-7 years of experience in Python Web backend development.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Strong familiarity with frameworks like Django, Flask etc. and those required to implement RESTful/GraphQL backends.
- Proficiency in SQL/NoSQL data modeling.
- Proficiency and experience designing and implementing clean and flexible REST API interfaces.
- Ability to re-architect existing systems to become more efficient and scalable based on industry best practices.
- Experience working with message queues such as RabbitMQ/Kafka or similar queuing based systems.
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud Platform).
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, CircleCI etc.).
Good to have:
- Experience in a high-growth technology startup company.
- Experience managing a technical team.
- Familiarity with the concepts of distributed systems, their various failure modes and solutions to address them.
- Experience with column-oriented analytical databases such as ClickHouse, Redshift etc.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying